EXTERIOR IMPROVEMENT GRANT PROGRAM
St. Johns County allocated $500,000 to the Exterior Improvement Grant program. Eligible small business owners and qualifying non-profits may receive a one-time grant of up to $49,500 to enhance the business’ outdoor spaces for COVID-19 mitigation (for example, the installation or expansion of a restaurant patio), or improve the built environment of the neighborhood (for example, building façade improvements).
To qualify for the grant the for-profit small business or non-profit organization must :
- Submit a completed electronic application by July 1, 2022.
- Be located in St. Johns County with a St. Johns County address.
- Be an active and operational business providing service to St. Johns County residents at the time of application submission.
- Have no more than 100 employees as of July 1, 2021.
- Adequately document the number of employees.
- Provide a valid St. Johns County Business Tax Receipt.
- Provide State of Florida business registration from the Florida Division of Corporations.
- Be in good legal standing with no court-ordered financial obligations (e.g. no enforceable judgements, liens, bankruptcies, arbitration settlements requiring withholding of funds, felony convictions, violation of court orders requiring holding of funds for child support, court costs or criminal victim reimbursement programs).
- Be operating in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws with no open code violations within St. Johns County.
- Utilize the awarded ARPA grant dollars for funds to cover eligible enhancements to the business' outdoor space which are completed on or before December 31, 2022. All enhancements must comply with applicable County, City and State laws, including zoning and permitting regulations.
- Have the ability to complete the project by December 30, 2022 and submit all required documentation for reimbursement under the grant by January 31, 2023.
- Retain relevant records documenting expenditure of the awarded funds for a period of six years and produce documents at the request of St. Johns County.
To apply for the Exterior Improvement Grant Program, the following will be required:
- A current St. Johns County Business Tax Receipt. Additional information can be found on the St. Johns County Tax Collector’s website at www.sjctax.us/BusinessTax.aspx.
- Documentation showing the number of employees as of July 1, 2021, which may include a payroll journal, quarterly tax documentation or other applicable documentation demonstrating number of employees on July 1, 2021.
- A current Florida business registration from the Florida Division of Corporation, www.sunbiz.org.
- A current W-9, www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf.
- Description of the enhancements or improvements to the property and explanation of how the project will enhance the business’ outdoor spaces for COVID-19 mitigation or improve the built environment of the neighborhood.
- Additional project details including who will complete the work, estimated project start date and estimated project completion date.
- Design drawings if applicable.
- Applicable County, City and/or State permits.
- Itemized cost estimate for the project.
- Signed vendor contracts for project if applicable.
Applications for the Small Business Improvement Grant Program may be accessed below. For additional information, please email email@example.com.