SJC CARES RESIDENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The St. Johns County Resident Assistance Program offers Rental/Mortgage Assistance for those who have experienced unemployment or under employment due to the effects of COVID-19.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
- Be a St. Johns County resident
- Submit a completed application packet (including all required documentation to verify income and proof of financial impact)
- 25% or greater loss of household income due to COVID-19
- Household Income less than 140% AMI (see chart below)
|Over Moderate Income (140%)||$73,500||$84,000||$94,500||$105,000||$113,400||$121,800||$130,200||$138,600|
- Only one application per household will be accepted.
- Assistance paid in arrears beginning March 1, 2020 until funds exhausted.
- Total assistance from St. Johns County Individual Resident Assistance programs shall not exceed $5,000.00 per household.
- Residents receiving assistance will be provided a confirmation Letter of Award itemizing all payments issued and will be provided a list of local resources that can assist should the household continue to experience financial hardship.
It is recommended that the application be completed and documentation be submitted online via this application portal. The application portal works most effectively on desktop computers and tablets . Applicants should not complete the online application via cellular phone due to issues with uploading and application submission.
You must hit the "SUBMIT" button after completing all nine (9) application tasks in order for your application to be submitted to St. Johns County.
In the event that applicant cannot submit the application electronically, the application and required documentation can be placed in the dropbox located at:
St. Johns County Health and Human Services, 200 San Sebastian View, St. Augustine, FL 32084